Position: Client Help Desk Specialist
Reports to: Director of Technology
Location: Minneapolis, MN
We’re not like other IT organizations. Neither is our Help Desk. You’ll need to support iOS devices, Windows workstations and tablets, Android devices, Macs and networking equipment from our our coworking space partner, Fueled Collective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide superior help via phone, email, and other internet-driven magic.
• Onboard new members for our partner Fueled Collective, and setting them up for technical success on the network, with printing, and meeting rooms.
• Answer calls, not just pick up the phone.
• Help at a literal desk at our coworking partner, Fueled Collective.
• Help reshape what IT support acts like.
• Monitor client systems for outages and take action.
• Respond. Be responsible.
• Help folks Get Back to Work.
• 2-5 years of direct customer service experience in a technical role.
• Ability to properly set expectations with clients and staff.
• Great understanding of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, and Apple software.
• Ability to talk without fear and be a hero.
• Ability to understand general technical lingo, movie references, and nerd speak.
• A desire to inspire the creative work of others.
• A love for pure chaos.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Minimal travel may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional 80’s music. And typing.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions while working at the Help Desk. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. No need for the dulcet tones of James Earl Jones, though it isn’t a bad thing. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.