Position Title: Engineering Manager Department: Engineering
Reports to: Director of Business Development
We’re not like other IT organizations. Maybe you Think Different, but now it’s time to think big. We’re here to help enterprises run away from traditional IT. We’re movers and shakers, and difference makers. We embrace change through outstanding partnerships and an agnostic approach to platforms. We drive business through technology, not buzzwords and shenanigans. Mind you, we aren’t box pushers. You must believe in our mantra: Get Back to Work.
As the Engineering Manager at Foundation Technologies, you will lead three engineering teams; Field Technicians, Mobile, and Network Engineers. Using IT design principles, you will be expected to plan, direct, and coordinate the overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects. This individual will provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, clients, and engineers throughout the product development and implementation process to increase revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Confer with the engineering team and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of client systems
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Coordinate with partners and vendors to ensure our team is best supported
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Define, develop, and expand our technology roadmap for clients
- Assemble, build, or modify existing pieces of equipment and working models to meet special needs
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate technical and legal risk by reviewing documentation
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions 25% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills are an absolute must
- 7-10 years of building and maintaining business to business relationships
- 3-5 years of experience supervisory experience with 2-3 direct reports minimum
- Advanced understanding of EOS/Traction is desired
- Embody the five core traits of our engineers: Creative Problem Solvers, Realistic,Responsible, Have Integrity, and Respected
While performing the responsibilities of the Engineering Manager’s job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Engineering Manager will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Engineering Manager’s job. This job is mobile 5-10% of the time and it is expected that you can navigate the streets of Minneapolis/ St. Paul within legal guidelines and not completely relying on Apple Maps.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional bad 80’s music.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Engineering Manager. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Engineering Manager’s job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Engineering Manager’s job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Understanding Pantone is one thing, but seeing color is not a necessity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.